(All selections MUST be current students at LCMS and in good standing)
Ø Students who feel that they have not met the established criteria due to extenuating circumstances may appeal to the PBIS committee two weeks prior to the end of the trimester.
- Students that achieve in the “High” range on the Spring Math or Reading iReady Test.
Grade High Math High Reading
6th 586+ 685+
7th 599+ 704+
8th 611+ 724+
- Any student that shows marked academic improvement. This will mean that they must improve 26 points in the Math and 30 points in the Reading Spring iReady Tests AND display an exemplary work ethic in the classroom.
- Any student who scores in the 98% or makes 2 year’s growth or more on the ITBS Assessment.
- Parental Nomination for outstanding service or level of involvement in non-school activities above the local level
- Staff nominations for outstanding accomplishments
- Undefeated athletic season (A Team or Highest Level in your sport Ex. Cross Country meet scorers, Track 35 points or more for the season)
- Breaking a school record
- Other accomplishments approved by the committee
Selection of students to be recognized on the “Wall” will be limited to those nominated using the above criteria. The nomination forms will be reviewed by the selection committee and approved by a majority vote of that committee.
The selection committee will consist of one teacher from each grade level, one representative from the exploratory team, and the building principal. The committee will make the final decisions regarding selection for the Wall of Fame!
Students may be nominated throughout the school year. All nominations for the current school year CLOSE ON FRIDAY, MAY 5TH! Students nominated for accomplishments occurring after that date will be considered for approval the following year. The office will do the Iowa Assessment and iReady scores instead of teachers tallying this.
The Wall of Fame Ceremony is divided into two sessions. On Wednesday, May 31st during the Exploratory Block of each grade level the middle school staff and students will gather in the auditorium to recognize the students who have made the Wall of Fame. On Thursday, June 1st at 7:45 a.m. just the students who have made the Wall of Fame and their parents will gather in the auditorium for a second recognition ceremony. A parent letter will be sent to those students selected for induction into the Wall of Fame inviting them to attend.