Lewis Central uses a vendor called Absence Management for the process of finding and managing substitute jobs and managing employee absences in our district. The service will be available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be accessed via internet and phone.
How do I interact with Absence Management?
- You can interact with Absence Management on the internet at http://aesoponline.com/. Here, you will be able to enter absences, check your absence schedule, update personal information, and exercise other features such as uploading your lesson plans for substitutes to view online.
- You can also call Absence Management toll free at 1-800-942-3767. Simply follow the voice menu to enter and manage absences and access other features. We recommend that you call in to check the computer recording of your name and title. To do this, press Option 5 and follow the prompts.
We are confident that you will find the Absence Management experience beneficial and enjoyable. Easy to use quick start guides, videos, interactive training courses and more are available in the software and will help you be successful using the system in no time!
Teacher Quality Committee and Application
Here you will find information regarding the agendas and meetings of the Lewis Central Teacher Quality Committee.
Duties of the Teacher Quality Committee:
- Monitor the local implementation of the Student Achievement and Teacher Quality program.
- Determine the distribution of the professional development funds based on the school district Iowa Core Implementation Plan and the school district/agency, attendance center, and individual teacher development plans.
- Monitor the professional development in each attendance center to ensure that the professional development meets the district/agency, attendance center and individual professional development plans.
- Monitor the district teacher evaluation requirements to ensure they are “…conducted in a fair and consistent manner throughout the school district or agency.”
- Analyze and approve funding for TQ applications monthly from September through May of each year.
Wall of Fame Criteria
(All selections MUST be current students at LCMS and in good standing)
Perfect Attendance for 3 years
- State Competition Qualifiers (when qualification is based on more than mere entry – i.e. state track)
- Qualifiers for Activities above the local level (regional or state):
- Spelling Bee class winners
- Geography Bee/Math Bee
- Math Olympiad
- Optimist Speech contest
- Other activities approved by the committee
- Most Improved Student –(2 per grade level), submitted by the team
- Principal’s Honor Roll (4.0 GPA for 1st and/or 2nd Trimester and on track to meet the criteria 3rd Trimester) and/or Titan Honor Roll (No more than 1 unexcused tardy per class per trimester/Students will demonstrate regular attendance by missing no more than two class periods in any class per trimester/Only 1 late assignment per class per trimester/No documented office referrals for 1st and 2nd Trimester and on track to meet the criteria 3rd Trimester.
Ø Students who feel that they have not met the established criteria due to extenuating circumstances may appeal to the PBIS committee two weeks prior to the end of the trimester.
- Students that achieve in the “High” range on the Spring Math or Reading iReady Test.
Grade High Math High Reading
6th 586+ 685+
7th 599+ 704+
8th 611+ 724+
- Any student that shows marked academic improvement. This will mean that they must improve 26 points in the Math and 30 points in the Reading Spring iReady Tests AND display an exemplary work ethic in the classroom.
- Any student who scores in the 98% or makes 2 year’s growth or more on the ITBS Assessment.
- Parental Nomination for outstanding service or level of involvement in non-school activities above the local level
- Staff nominations for outstanding accomplishments
- Undefeated athletic season (A Team or Highest Level in your sport Ex. Cross Country meet scorers, Track 35 points or more for the season)
- Breaking a school record
- Other accomplishments approved by the committee
Selection of students to be recognized on the “Wall” will be limited to those nominated using the above criteria. The nomination forms will be reviewed by the selection committee and approved by a majority vote of that committee.
The selection committee will consist of one teacher from each grade level, one representative from the exploratory team, and the building principal. The committee will make the final decisions regarding selection for the Wall of Fame!
Students may be nominated throughout the school year. All nominations for the current school year CLOSE ON FRIDAY, MAY 5TH! Students nominated for accomplishments occurring after that date will be considered for approval the following year. The office will do the Iowa Assessment and iReady scores instead of teachers tallying this.
The Wall of Fame Ceremony is divided into two sessions. On Wednesday, May 31st during the Exploratory Block of each grade level the middle school staff and students will gather in the auditorium to recognize the students who have made the Wall of Fame. On Thursday, June 1st at 7:45 a.m. just the students who have made the Wall of Fame and their parents will gather in the auditorium for a second recognition ceremony. A parent letter will be sent to those students selected for induction into the Wall of Fame inviting them to attend.
Additional Links of Interest
LC Weblink (Payroll, Employee Info, W2s, etc.)
Helpdesk weblink (or email email@example.com)